Muriate of Potash – MOP
Muriate of potash, also known as potassium chloride contains 60% potash. Potash is essential for plant growth and quality. It plays a vital role in the production of proteins and sugars. It also protects against draught by maintaining plants water content which in turn is a benefit for photosynthesis as leaves maintain their shape and vigor.
- Contains 60% Potash
- Chemical name : Potassium chloride.
- Particle size and colour : Nominal 2-4 mm particle sizing, pink in colour.
- Blending : Blends with most other products.
- Potassium stimulates the growth of strong stems and gives the plant disease resistance by promoting thickness of the outer cell walls.
- Adequate potassium can reduce moisture loss from growing plants, thereby giving some drought resistance.
- Potassium improves colour, flavour and storing quality of fruit and vegetables.
- MOP is the most concentrated form of granular potassium and typically the most cost effective.
- The even granule size of MOP allows for accurate spreading.
- MOP is commonly blended with SSP to supply major nutrients for pasture based systems.